The neck for my new Tele just arrived. It seems to be a perfect fit to the body. I took a couple of pictures with the neck and body just pressed together to see how they look. I also did a quick mock-up just to check the fit of the parts before I mount anything.
The first step will be to mount the tuners on the neck, since I will need to put on the two E strings to check the alignment of the neck and bridge before I drill the mounting holes. This step is critical because if the alignment is off, the guitar could end up being unplayable. I’ll need to enlarge (I really wanted to write “embiggen”) the holes for the tuners so they’ll be big enough for the tuner bushings. Once the tuners are on, I’ll put on the two E strings, line things up, and make the holes for the bridge and neck.
For the time being, here’s what I have. Click on the pics to see them bigger.
I’ll be back when the real fun starts.